Link building is one of the multiple SEO techniques which increase a websites visibility on the web. Spiders crawl the web and link from one website to another, so having a website linking to others, helps the website to be ‘spidered’ and hence included in major search engines.
A link building strategy should increase overall traffic from quality sources and improving organic visibility. There are numerous ways in which to increase links going to a web site.
- Link Reclamation– this ensures that all links currently going to a website are correct. Links need to be analysed to make they are fully utilised;
- Competitor Link Analysis– assessment of all links incoming to competitor’s websites, provides valuable insight and aides the creation of a list of relevant sites to target;
- Directory Submissions– Identification of potential link placements in relevant and high quality directories;
- Complementary Links Development– This process involves finding useful sites that provide a complementary service to get links from, this technique will assist with the creation of new links and will aid driving rankings and traffic;
- Online PR– It is important to approach link building from an editorial angle and create content that is ‘newsworthy’.